#BeProud

Hi!

It's been like a month since I posted something new :O
I'm so sorry!
School was my priority, but now, it's summer vacation!


I have a few blogs planned, but since I just wanted to give you guys something new, I decided to just talk to you about a few things.


So here's the first thing: Gay marriage is now approved in every state!
I am so happy, because I fully support gay marriage.
I truly believe that love=love, and no one can change that.
People who are gay, don't choose to be gay.
They hide it or try to change themselves.
All I ever hoped for, was to see everyone being accepted.
No racism or discrimination.
Everyone is a part of the world.
And accepting gay marriage is a step forward.
There are obviously still people who don't agree with gay marriage.
Let them be, haters gonna hate.
Truth is, love is stronger than hate. 
I am sick of people who make others feel like they're nothing.
This often happens to gay people.
I have seen so many, so many heartbroken because they couldn't be the person they truly are.
And I just can't believe that right now, at least they're marriage is accepted in every state.
Nobody can get in the way of love.
Love wins, love survives, love will conquer all. #BeProud


Next thing: TV-shows.
You might know - or not - that I am the huge-st fan of TV-shows.
I am addicted to them.
Reason why?
I love acting, I love psychology.
Next year I have my finals, and I hope to study applied psychology when (and if) I graduate.
When I was younger, I always loved acting, and had a few acting classes. I still love it so much.
Thing is, in the Netherlands there aren't many opportunities when it comes to acting.
Because, let's face it, the Dutch suck at making TV-shows/movies.
So, acting is unfortunately not something I'd probably fulfill anytime - I do want to move to the United States one day though. I am going to keep trying anyway.
That's why I love seeing others acting, watching interviews, and just the stories of the TV-shows.
I have a few recommendations when it comes to TV-shows, of which I might even post a seperate blogpost. 

One of my favorites right now is Lost.
It aired from 2004 - 2010. It has 6 seasons.
It's about a plane crash on a mysterious island. About 70 people survive. You follow about 26 people throughtout the whole story - yes, it's a big cast. 
Reason why I love it is the story.
The story is so beautifully written. In every episode you get to know one of the characters through flashbacks. You see where they come from, how they got on the plane, etc. It's so amazing. Every episode you get to know more, but are left with more questions. There are exciting plottwists, you never know what's going to happen. You know just as much as the characters throughout the story. Around season 3/4 you even get flashforwards instead of flashbacks. It can sometimes be a little confusing, but you'll totally understand everything after a while.
I have to warn you though, a lot of people die. So don't get to attached - you are going to anyway - because you'll be left heartbroken. 

Another TV-show that I recently started watching is Chicago Fire.
It's about firefighters and they're everyday struggles.
How dangerous the job can be, but also how rewarding it can be.
I think it's awesome because I have never seen a show about firefighters.
I never knew what the actual job of a firefighter was. I thought that they just fought fires and got kittens out of trees - yes, don't laugh. Cartoons always gave me these images of firefighters.
But the show shows the true work of a firefighter. And let me tell you, it's pretty amazing.
Besides the work they do, I also love the show because of the story.
You don't know much of the characters at first, but you eventually you see every side of them.
Like how a job like this affects they're lives. 
This is really my kind of TV-show, because I watch a lot of police/crime and doctor TV-shows - and now even a TV-show about firefighters. 

I watch a lot more TV-shows, but I am not going to tell my opinions about all of them in this blogpost. I'll maybe write a review about an episode of one of them in a future blogpost.
But for now, I'll just make a list of TV-shows I watch(ed):

- Flashpoint
- Hawaii Five-0
- Castle
- Baby Daddy
- Heartland
- Chicago Fire
- Lost
- The Vampire Diaries
- The Originals
- Teen wolf
- Grey's Anatomy
- The 100
- House
- Kyle XY
- The Walking Dead
- Saving Hope
- Bondi Rescue
- Life Unexpected
- Friends
- Terra Nova
- Modern Family
- Sherlock

That's all I can think of now, but there are probably more ;)
Let me know you're favorite TV-show (:

I hope you liked this post (:
If you have any suggestions for a blog post, comment down below (:

☀ Thanks so much for reading! x 

- Marit





No comments:

Post a Comment